Lhota & Firtell, P.A. Patent Services:
- Patent Searches and Opinions regarding Patentability of Inventions and Discoveries
- Preparation, Filing and Prosecution of U.S. Patent Applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Patent Infringement Searches and Opinions
- Patent Validity Searches and Opinions
- Preparation and Filing of Foreign Patent Applications
- Litigation of Patent Infringement Cases
- Contracts, including Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements, Manufacturing Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Marketing Agreements, and Non-compete Agreements
A patent provides its owner a legally enforceable right to prevent others from making, using or selling the invention claimed by the patent. Patents may be sold, licensed, inherited and mortgaged.
There are different types of patents, namely Utility, Design, and Plant. Utility Patents are issued for any new and useful device, process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new or useful improvement thereof. These patents protect the invention’s structure and function.
Design Patents protect the ornamental characteristics of a product and are typically sought for jewelry, shoes, toys, figurines, bottles, containers and articles having a unique look apart from their structural design. Plant Patents are granted for newly discovered asexually reproduced plants.
A Provisional Patent Application affords the applicant an early effective filing date in a later filed patent application, and it permits the term “Patent Pending” to be applied to the invention upon the earlier filing date.
Let us help you get your invention “Patent Pending”
Call 561.465.7575 for a FREE Patent Attorney Consultation