Have you been injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence or disregard of someone else? Has your life been diminished by forces beyond your control? Are you facing consequences because of the recklessness of someone else? If you answered yes to any of these questions, a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton can help.
The world is a dangerous place. And everywhere we go, there is the risk or accident or injury. This is a part of life that we all have to accept. But we also have the right to be protected from accident, injury, or danger as much as is reasonably possible. And when someone, whether an individual, professional, or business owner falls short of that responsibility, the law says they can be held responsible.
With the help of a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton, you can hold the offending party responsible. You will need to prove your case in court. But with the right personal injury attorney in Boca Raton in your corner, you have a change to exercise your rights, pursue justice, and fight for what is fair.
When to Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Boca Raton
Personal injury cases come in all shapes and sizes. In general, however, they involve any instance when someone is harmed physically because of the negligence of someone else. That can encompass a lot of different situations and circumstances, but these are the most common that a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton works on:
- Car Accidents – When you or your car are involved in an accident caused by the other driver, you have clear ground to file a personal injury claim.
- Medical Malpractice – Outcomes in medicine are not always perfect. But when illness, injury, or death are caused by a medical professional who fails to provide competent care, a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton should be contacted.
- Slip and Fall – If you have been injured due to slipping and falling on a surface that has not been properly maintained, filing a claim is encouraged. These types of claims are most common when the fall happens in a store or other public property.
- Defamation – Your reputation can be damaged as badly as your body. If someone has spread untrue statements about you, they can be held responsible in a court of law.
- Dog Bites – Dog owners have a reasonable responsibility to protect anyone and everyone from a potentially dangerous animal. Contact a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton after suffering any kind of injury caused by a dog.
- Assault and Battery – These are criminal charges as well. But when a victim of an assault is injured, a personal injury claim can also be filed in the civil courts.
Why Work with a Personal Injury Attorney in Boca Raton?
If you have been injured, either permanently or temporarily, you may be tempted to write the incident off and get on with your life. That attitude is understandable, but you shouldn’t make up your mind until you consider all the reasons to work with a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton.
You were injured for reasons that were not your fault and totally out of your control. You were injured because someone else, possibly a stranger or possibly a close friend, did not take reasonable measures to protect people from predictable dangers. That means they are completely and totally responsible for the pain and suffering you faced and may continue to face.
There is also the strong likelihood that the circumstances that led to your injury will repeat themselves and leave someone else hurting. With the help of a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton, you can help to prevent accidents, tragedies, and catastrophes from comprising another life.
Finally, the most common reason that people work with a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton is because they need help fighting for what is fair. Filing a personal injury claim entitles you, the plaintiff, to pursue a financial settlement. That settlement can be used to cover the kinds of financial consequences that result from an injury:
- Medical Bills – Even with insurance, you may be facing huge medical bills that will take months or even years to pay off.
- Ongoing Care – It does not take a major accident to leave you with an injury that requires ongoing treatment for an extended period after the incident occurred.
- Lost Wages – While you were recovering, you may have been unable to work and lost significant wages. A personal injury lawyer in Boca Raton can help you fight to recoup that income.
- Diminished Quality of Life – As a result of your injuries, you may not be able to do the things you used to, or have to deal with pain and disability for the rest of your life.
If you feel any need to contact a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton, get in touch with Silver & Silver Attorneys at Law by calling 561-279-3911.